01 January 2008

It's a New Year

Bad blogger, no cookie.

My New Year's resolution is to update my blog with some sort of regularity. Fingers crossed!

Since I last updated (in July!), lots and lots of knitting has occurred.

Thermal is complete!







Start: May 2007
Finished: August 2007
Yarn: Knit Picks Gloss in Pumpkin, 7 skeins
Needles: Size US 3 circular and double points
Verdict: A+. I love this sweater. It was super super fun to make and it looks great. It could stand to be a little longer, but I still may try to steam some extra length into it. This was a fabulous pattern!

Hedera Socks!



Yarn: Dream in Color Smooshy in Wisterious, 1 skein
Needles: Size US 1 double points
Comments: Although I had intended the Diamante Socks (which are still unfinished, by the way) to be for my father's wife's birthday, I saw this yarn in a LYS and had to buy it and make lacy socks! This was a wonderful wonderful pattern - I can certainly see why Cookie A's patterns are so popular. They were fun and fast to make (three weeks, I think?). And at 450 yds per skein, I have enough left over to make a pair of anklets for me, especially if I make striped socks!

Thuja Socks!



Yarn: Dream in Color Smooshy in Cocoa Kiss, 1 skein
Needles: Size US 0 double points
Comments: I made these for my dad's birthday in November. I altered the pattern for fingering weight yarn and CO 78 stitches. My dad doesn't really like thick socks, so I made these on 0s and they really turned out great. I used an eye of the partridge heel and a short-row toe. I can't say enough good things about the Smooshy sock yarn. It is fabulous.

Okay, that's it for today. There's lots more, though, so stay tuned! (ha!)

No comments: